File names have been standardized for easy reference and sorting, and include the year; month & day; parish or state. Statistical reports prior to 2007 also have the type of file - active, inactive, or combined active and inactive.
Early Voting Statistics
Cumulative early voting statistics are published one business day after each day of the early voting period (for example, statistics for Saturday are posted the following Monday). Final statistics are published 4 business days after an election.
The total number of votes is listed under the VOTES column on the far left. The second VOTES column breaks down the number of in person and mail voters. In person is represented as INP and OTHER includes the number of voters casting mail or fax ballots.
The HCP header lists those persons requesting assistance in voting (represented by column labeled H - handicapped and I - illiterate).
Civilian and Military represents then number of voters exercising their rights to vote under UOCAVA - Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act. The IN column represents voters residing in the USA and OUT represents voters residing outside of the country.
Post Election Turnout Statistics
Excel post report record layout
About Text Files
If you'd like to print out some or all of the data, use these helpful pointers.
- These data sheets are wide and will generally not fit on a single page when printing in portrait mode. This can double the number of pages required to print the data.
- To fix this, when the Print dialog box pops up, click on Properties and set the orientation to Landscape and set to use Legal Size paper.
- If you would like to print only a portion of the statistical information (for example,the statistics for one parish only), you can do so through your browser's print capability.
- For example, to locate, select and print only one parish's information (using Internet Explorer):
- Under Edit, choose Find. Enter the parish you wish to locate, then press Find Next.
- Click at the beginning of the section and drag the cursor to the end of the section.
- All of the area in between will be highlighted.
- Under Print Range choose Selection, then press OK. Only the highlighted portion will print.
About ZIP Files
Many of these raw text and Excel data files are very large and take a long time to download. To reduce download time, the files have been compressed in the ZIP format. Once you download a file, you will need to unzip it (extract the data) using a zip file utility such as WinZip , FreeZip , JustZIPit or PKZIP . Please note that we do not provide technical support for these ZIP file utilities.
Text Format ZIP Files
Once you have unzipped a Text Format file on your PC, you can open and print the data with most any word processing or text editing program. Use a non-proportional spaced font such as Courier. To sort, filter, or really manipulate the data, you will need to use a standard, database-aware software package. These types of programs are readily available and a few of the more common ones are Microsoft's Access or Excel, FoxPro, Borland's Paradox, and Lotus 123.
When you select and click on a ZIP file in the folders below, a dialog box should ask you if you want to Open the File? or Save It to Disk? Select Save It to Disk? and remember where you save the file so you can find it later.
Excel Spreadsheet Format ZIP File
You must have a version of the Excel program installed on your PC. When you select and click on an Excel Format ZIP in the directory below, a dialog box should ask you if you want to Open the File? or Save It to Disk?. Select Save It to Disk? and remember where you save the file so you can find it later. Get the Excel Spreadsheet Format Layout - You will need to refer to the following files in order to use the Excel Spreadsheet Format Layout files:
- Alphabetical List of Parishes - This list has the parish number codes. The first column of 2 characters corresponds to the alpha listing. Ex: 01 = Acadia
- Record Layout for Post Election Statistics - Excel Worksheet Note that the percentage fields have an implied decimal point. Ex: 0142 = 14.2%