|LOUISIANA PARTNERSHIP FILING INSTRUCTIONS
Carefully review all entries made to your online filing. This is an official document and requested edit(s) or change(s) to the filing will require subsequent submission of change documents and incur additional fees.
Important: Processing of registration is subject to approval by the Secretary of State. Filings are not final until satisfactory completion of statutory requirements is verified by the Secretary of State�s office. A link to retrieve registration documents containing a validation number will be provided to the filer upon successful filing.
- A partnership agreement or articles of partnership (hereinafter referred to as �contract� or �contract of partnership�) must be submitted along with your online application for partnership registration. The contract must be signed by all of the partners, but is not required to be notarized.
- This registration does not serve as a trade name registration. Please note that partnership names do not conflict with Corporation, Limited Liability Company or Trade names on file in this office.
- R.S. 9:3402. Filing The contract of partnership duly executed by the partners shall be filed for registry with the Secretary of State in accordance with the provisions of this Chapter to affect third persons as provided by Civil Code Articles 2806 and 2841 or when the parties choose to comply with the provisions of this Chapter.
- R.S. 9:3403. Contract of Partnership: required content A contract of partnership duly executed by the partners shall contain the name of the partnership, the municipal address of its principal place of business in this state, and the name and municipal address of each partner, including partners in commendam, if any.
Specific instructions for completion of the online application:
- On the Original Filings page, select Louisiana Partnership and click the Continue button.
- Fill in all of the requested information as follows:
- Type the complete name of the partnership
- Enter the municipal (street) address of the partnership�s principal place of business. **Please note that this must be a Louisiana address.
- Enter the full name, title and municipal address of each partner. **Please note that all partners listed in the contract must be added to the online application. To select a title, choose one of the options from the drop down menu and then click �Add� to enter that title. Repeat this process for each different title that you want to assign if any specific partner has more than one title
- Type your name in the signature box. (By typing your name, you are certifying that the information contained in our records, as reviewed by you, is accurate and you are ready to submit your filing.)
- Select the �Next� button to upload your partnership agreement or articles of partnership. **Please note that if the document refers to any �exhibits� or attachments, they must be included with the agreement or articles. Select the �Next� button to verify all the information you just entered.
- If you have any changes that need to be made, you may select the �Back� button to make changes to the entered information. If all is correct, select the �Checkout & File� button to proceed to the payment screen.
- Enter requested credit card information and your email address.
- Select the �Purchase� button. Note: Do not press the �Back� button or the �Purchase� button more than once as multiple charges could occur.
- At this point, your check out is complete and your partnership application has been submitted.
- You will see a �Display Receipt� button. If you would like a copy of the receipt for your records, select the button and then select the �Print� button. Please note that your order number is printed on the receipt. You will need this order number for later retrieval of your documents.
- After you have printed your receipt, select the �Close� button to return to the checkout complete screen.
- You will also see a �Subscribe to Electronic Notification� button. Select this button if you would like to receive email or text message notifications whenever any changes occur on this filing. You may also receive messages containing important information from the Louisiana Secretary of State.
- If you are still on the checkout complete page, select the �Close� button. You will then be taken to the order detail page.
- You will receive an email notification to check the status of your filing.
- After the filing is reviewed and accepted you will receive another email notification for retrieval of your documents.