The Secretary of State's Office will be closed Friday, July 3 in observance of Independence Day and will re-open Monday, July 6.
Important message from Secretary of State Tom Schedler concerning annual reports
  Home > Business Services > Uniform Commercial Code > How do I File a Financing Statement?

How do I File a Financing Statement?

Uniform Commercial Code filings are not filed with the Secretary of State in Louisiana. UCC-1 Financing Statements may be filed with any Louisiana Parish Clerk of Court without regard to the debtor's address, location of the collateral or of any related immovable. Initial Financing Statements can now be submitted to any Louisiana Parish Clerk of Court online through the Secretary of State's website.

UCC-3 Amendments must be filed in the same filing office as the initial financing statement. Any filings sent to the Secretary of State will be returned.