The Louisiana State Archives' Micrographics program is designated as the state's centralized microfilm unit under Louisiana R.S. 44:415. The Micrographics program works with various state and local agencies to ensure that records with retention periods that are permanent or long term (over 10 years) are adequately preserved.
Microfilm Services Transfer Procedures
Agencies wanting to convert their records to microfilm should follow these step by step instructions to begin the process of preserving your agency's records:
- Complete Records Transmittal form to include all boxes you wish to send for microfilming;
- Determine and then specify to the Microfilm program in what order the records are to be filmed (alphabetic, numerical, month, day, year order, or other order);
- Provide to the microfilm program prior to pickup, a detailed index of each box with the file folder headings, company or people's names for each box included on your transmittal;
- Records being sent need to be boxed in the specific order in which the records are to be filmed; and
- Agency then needs to call the microfilm program to schedule a date for the records to be picked up or delivered.
Security Storage Depository Transfer Procedure
Use these step by step instructions to begin the protection of your agency's important microfilm records in our environmentally controlled storage areas.
- Complete Records Transmittal form to include all boxes you wish to send for security storage;
- Provide to the microfilm program prior to pickup, a detailed listing of each reel included in each box (including reel number and records series filmed) within each box included on your transmittal;
- Reels being sent must be the silver halide orignal or silver duplicate (NOTE: we do not accept diazo microfilm for security storage); and
- Agency then needs to call the microfilm program to schedule a date for the records to be delivered to the State Archives.
The micrographics program asks agencies to use the transmittal form used by the State Records Center to transfer their records to the section for microfilming. The section also uses the disposal form used by the Records Management Program for agencies to authorize the disposal of the paper records that have been converted to film, once they have reviewed their microfilm and accepted the work.
Microfilm Fee Schedule
Fee Table for Microfilming Services at the Louisiana State Archives.
(16mm or 35mm)
From paper to microfilm
2nd Diazo Duplicate Reel -16mm
|2nd Diazo Duplicate Reel - 35mm
|2nd Silver Original Reel (Dual Reels)
|Add-on Image to Microfiche Jacket
|Load Reel onto Cartridge
*Note: Microfilm image price includes: Pickup, make ready, filming, processing, storage of original reel at State Archives, duplicate reel sent to agency, disposal of original documents or return of documents per agency instruction or approval.
For more details or job price quotes contact the Microfilm program.