Get Election Information
Purchase Voter Lists
Spring Presidential Preference Primary and Municipal Elections
View Presidential Preference Primary Election Quick Facts
The following is important information for the Mar. 5, 2016 presidential preference and municipal primary and Apr. 9, 2016 municipal general:
- qualifying period is Dec. 2nd, 3rd and 4th until 4:30 p.m.;
- state candidates qualify in the executive offices of Secretary of State Tom Schedler at 8585 Archives Ave., in Baton Rouge. There are no state candidates (other than president) scheduled to run in this election, however, a special election may be called in the event of a vacancy (secretary of state's office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.);
- local and municipal candidates qualify with the clerk of court in the parish in which they are registered to vote (contact your local clerk of court for office hours);
- view a list of qualifying fees (payment must be in the form of cash; certified or cashier's check on a state or national bank or credit union; United States postal money order; or money order issued by a state or national bank or credit union);
- download the standard fillable qualifying form or the presidential preference primary fillable qualifying form;
- early voting is Feb. 20th through the 27th (except Sunday and holidays) from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. for the Mar. 5th primary election; and
- early voting is Mar. 26th through Apr. 2nd (except Sunday and holidays) from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. for the Apr. 9th general election.
2016 Presidential Preference Primary Information.
Fall Presidential and Congressional Election
The following is important information for the Nov. 8, 2016 presidential and congrssional primary and the Dec. 10, 2016 congressional general election:
View more information on past, present, and future elections.
Propositions and Constitutional Amendments
The text of propositions and the text and summaries of constitutional amendments to be voted on in upcoming elections and those which were voted on in recent past elections can be seen by viewing propositions and constitutional amendments under Review Types of Elections.
Purchase Voter Lists
A database of public information of registered voters is only available for purchase using specifically defined selection criteria. The voter list is available through email as a PDF or tab delimited text file. In addition, printable address labels in PDF are available upon request during the online ordering process. You can receive a cost estimate and purchase a list of registered voters through our online application. The purchaser is responsible for defining the selection criteria, reviewing the estimate and paying in advance of receipt of the requested list.
View the instructional video before placing an order.
If you need assistance in selection criteria, or have any other questions, please contact your registrar of voters office, email us, call voter registration at 225.922.0900 or call toll-free at 800.883.2805.
Additional information about the lists is available below: