Get Election Information
Purchase Voter Lists
Spring Municipal General and Special Legislative Elections
View Municipal General/Proposition and Special Legislative Elections Quick Facts
The following is important information for the 29th State Representative District Special Legislative Primary Election on April 9, 2016 and the General on May 14, 2016:
- qualifying period is Mar. 7th, 8th, and 9th until 4:30 p.m.;
- state representative candidates qualify with the clerk of court in the parish in which they are registered to vote (contact your local clerk of court for office hours);
- view a list of qualifying fees (payment must be in the form of cash; certified or cashier's check on a state or national bank or credit union; United States postal money order; or money order issued by a state or national bank or credit union);
- download the standard fillable qualifying form;
- the last day to register to vote in the Special Legislative Primary Election is Mar. 14th (extended by the Secretary of State due to inclement weather);
- the last day to register to vote in the Special Legislative General Election is Apr. 13th;
- early voting for the Primary Election is Mar. 26th through the Apr. 2nd (except Sunday and holidays) from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.;
- early voting for the General Election is Apr. 30th through May 7th (except Sunday and holidays) from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m;
- the last day to request an absentee-by-mail ballot for the Special Legislative Primary is 4:30 p.m. on Apr. 5th.; and
- the last day to request an absentee-by-mail ballot for the Special Legislative General is 4:30 p.m. on May 10th. Voters can request an absentee-by-mail ballot online through our voter portal or in writing through your registrar of voters office.
Fall Presidential and Congressional Election
The following is important information for the Nov. 8, 2016 Presidential Election and Congressional Primary and the Dec. 10, 2016 Congressional General Election:
View more information on past, present, and future elections.
Propositions and Constitutional Amendments
The text of propositions and the text and summaries of constitutional amendments to be voted on in upcoming elections and those which were voted on in recent past elections can be seen by viewing propositions and constitutional amendments under Review Types of Elections.
Purchase Voter Lists
A database of public information of registered voters is only available for purchase using specifically defined selection criteria. The voter list is available through email as a PDF or tab delimited text file. In addition, printable address labels in PDF are available upon request during the online ordering process. You can receive a cost estimate and purchase a list of registered voters through our online application. The purchaser is responsible for defining the selection criteria, reviewing the estimate and paying in advance of receipt of the requested list.
View the instructional video before placing an order.
If you need assistance in selection criteria, or have any other questions, please contact your registrar of voters office, email us, call voter registration at 225.922.0900 or call toll-free at 800.883.2805.
Additional information about the lists is available below: