Get Election Information
Purchase Voter Lists
Fall Presidential and Congressional Election
View Congressional General Election Quick Facts
The following is important information for the Nov. 8, 2016 Presidential Election and Congressional Primary and the Dec. 10, 2016 Congressional General Election:
Spring Municipal Elections
The following is important information for the Spring Muncipal Primary Election on March. 25, 2017 and the General on April 29, 2017:
- qualifying period is Jan. 11, 12 and 13 until 4:30 p.m.;
- local and municipal candidates qualify with the clerk of court in the parish in which they are registered to vote (contact your local clerk of court for office hours);
- state candidates qualify in the executive offices of Secretary of State, Tom Schedler at 8585 Archives Ave. in Baton Rouge (hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.);
- view a list of qualifying fees (payment must be in the form of cash; certified or cashier's check on a state or national bank or credit union; United States postal money order; or money order issued by a state or national bank or credit union);
- download the standard fillable qualifying form;
- the last day to register to vote in the Spring Municipal Primary Election is Feb. 22;
- the last day to register to vote in the Spring Municipal General Election is March 29;
- early voting for the Primary Election is March 11 through March 18 (except Sunday and holidays) from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.;
- early voting for the General Election is April 15 through April 22 (except Sunday and holidays) from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m;
- the last day to request an absentee by mail ballot for the Spring Municipal Primary is 4:30 p.m. on March 21; and
- the last day to request an absentee by mail ballot for the Spring Municipal General is 4:30 p.m. on April 25. Voters can request an absentee by mail ballot online through our Voter Portal or in writing through your Registrar of Voters Office.
View more information on past, present and future elections.
Propositions and Constitutional Amendments
The text of propositions and the text and summaries of constitutional amendments to be voted on in upcoming elections and those which were voted on in recent past elections can be seen by viewing propositions and constitutional amendments under Review Types of Elections.
Purchase Voter Lists
A database of public information of registered voters is only available for purchase using specifically defined selection criteria. The voter list is available through email as a PDF or tab delimited text file. In addition, printable address labels in PDF are available upon request during the online ordering process. You can receive a cost estimate and purchase a list of registered voters through our online application. The purchaser is responsible for defining the selection criteria, reviewing the estimate and paying in advance of receipt of the requested list.
View the instructional video before placing an order.
If you need assistance in selection criteria, or have any other questions, please contact your Registrar of Voters Office, email us, call voter registration at 225.922.0900 or call toll-free at 800.883.2805.
Additional information about the lists is available below: