Voting is one of our most sacred rights as Americans. Secretary Schedler encourages Louisianians to:
- vote because it is your right;
- vote to ensure your voice is heard;
- vote to make a better state for yourself and your family; and
- voting is one of the most powerful rights that a citizen has, and voter participation is crucial for an effective, truly representative government.
Our mission is to encourage citizens of Louisiana to protect and enrich their quality of life by exercising their rights and responsibilities as informed voters. Our outreach initiatives include:
- coordinating elections for schools and private organizations as a means to involve students and the community to think about voting and how it affects their lives;
- making presentations to schools and communities about the importance of voting;
- conducting and facilitating voter registration drives; and
- supporting registrars of voters and clerks of court in their efforts to recruit and inform voters by providing brochures and assisting with the voter registration process.
If you are interested in any of these events, please view our list of programs.